Ⅰ. 单项选择 从A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
1. The coat I bought last week is too big for me. I’d like to change it for a _______ one.
A. small B. large C. nicer D. smaller
2. You can ______ what is happening on the other side of the world by telephone.
A. see B. make C. hear D. learn
3. “Let’s go for a long walk into the country this morning.” “_______ , but I think I’m catching a cold.”
A. I certainly could use the exercise B. Yes, let’s go
C. Sure. I’d like to go for a long walk D. No, I won’t
4. Jack runs as _______ as Tom.
A. fast B. faster C. fastest D. much faster
5. I want to be a doctor when I ________ .
A. grow up B. talk about C. agree with D. get up
6. There is ________ “h” and ________ “u” in the word “huge”.
A. a; an B. an; a C. a; a D. an; an
7. — Li Hua’s English is very good.
— Yes, and her French ________ her English.
A. is as good as B. isn’t as good as C. is as well as D. is as better as
8. — What’s wrong with you, Cheng Li?
— I’m feeling ________.
A. terrible B. terribly C. badly D. good
9. — What did Lu Xun do after he gave up medicine?
— He devoted ________ writing all his life.
A. him to B. himself in C. himself to D. her in
10. — Why don’t you ask Tom to do it?
— I don’t know whether he is ________ to. He sometimes makes things worse.
A. possible B. afraid C. easy D. able
11. — Did you go to Jane’s birthday party?
— No, I ________.
A. am not invited B. wasn’t invited
C. haven’t been invited D. didn’t invited
12. “Tom, ________ afraid of speaking in public. You are no longer a small boy.” said Mum.
A. not be B. not to be C. be not D. don’t be
13. — People can not only use salt for meals.
— Yes. They also use it to ________ fire.
A. put on B. put off C. put out D. put down
14. — Is it possible to be mad ________ others?
— Of course not.
A. to B. at C. with D. for
15. They found ________ useful to advertise on the Internet.
A. that B. this C. it D. it is
1-5 DDCAA6-10 BAACD11-15 BDCBC